Lycopodium were contracted to analyse and review the effectiveness of asset management activities and systems on each of the Port sites, comparing the strengths and providing recommendations for improvement for each of the Ports.
Using a comprehensive questionnaire contained in the Asset Management Effectiveness Survey Tool developed by Lycopodium (based on ISO55000), findings and areas for improvement were been identified for Esperance, Albany and Bunbury Ports.
The review included interviews with senior site management, maintainers, operators and support functions. Data was also extracted from the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) which included current work orders, procedures and other asset management documentation.
The results of the survey were to form the inputs for Southern Port Authority’s Asset Management Plan governing the management of all 3 sites.
The full organisational maintenance function was appraised:
- Culture; people, beliefs, values, attitudes, etc;
- Strategic and tactical maintenance development and delivery;
- Maintenance support; operations, procurement, etc;
- Maintenance enablers; training, development, budgeting and cost control; and
- Core processes and procedures; documentation, systems, data, etc.