Perth, Western Australia is a modern and vibrant capital city, boasting a desirable lifestyle and a great geographic location. With just under 14 sq km in land area, the City of Perth (CoP) covers an area encompassing the Central Perth Business District, West Perth, Crawley, Northbridge and East Perth.
It is experiencing a period of rapid growth and development, and by 2050 it is estimated that CoP will be home to 50,000 people, provide 180,000 jobs and will welcome an increasingly diverse array of visitors.
Lycopodium recently completed working with the local government organisation, CoP, to deliver Property Asset Data Collection and Condition Programme services to enable the City to progress its Property Asset Management Programme. To do this, CoP has identified its objectives as:
- finalising the City’s Land and Building Asset Management Plans and continuing to satisfy statutory obligation
- gaining an understanding of the condition of all current buildings assets condition at a component level
- identifying current operational and maintenance risks to the City to facilitate detailed forward works planning
- demonstrating capital works funding requirements, and
- assisting strategic and portfolio estate planning