The Bissa Gold Project is a greenfields gold project located approximately 85 km north of Ouagadougou, the capital city of Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The project is owned by Bissa Gold SA (90% owned by High River Gold Mines Limited and 10% owned by the Burkina Faso Government). High River Gold is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The scope includes the process design, engineering design, procurement, construction management and commissioning of a gold carbon-in-leach plant and associated infrastructure capable of treating 3 Mtpa of gold bearing ore.
Lycopodium’s (EPCM) scope of services included:
- The treatment plant
- Plant site buildings
- Overland piping to a raw water harvest dam and the tails storage facility
Key characteristics of the flowsheet include:
- 600 tph Primary Crusher
- 5,000t (live) stockpile
- 8.5m Ø x 4.35m EGL, 6000kW SAG Mill
- 6.1 m Ø x 9.05m EGL, 6000kW Ball Mill
- 6 x CIL tanks, live volume 2900m3
- 500 kg/h, horizontal, diesel fired carbon regeneration kiln
- 10 tonne capacity acid wash column and 10 tonne capacity elution column
- 2 x 24m3/hr capacity electrowinning cells
- The process plant is expected to produce 257,000 oz/a of gold metal